Tuesday, April 1, 2008

IT DON'T COME EASY




I don't ask for much , I only want trust

and you know it don't come easy ...

This heart of mine keeps growing all the time

And ya know it just ain't easy...


Ringo


It don't come easy! I am still trying to get it in gear! Today ended up less productive than I had hoped, at least in a physical sense. Meaning I (along with my body) accomplished little. My brain however, had another banner day! I don't know why it seems so easy to give myself credit for the physical work, but more difficult to give myself credit for the mental work. I know by purposely being vague, I leave you wondering about this important mental work I am doing. "Is she some sort of rocket scientist?" No, she's not. And I don't mean to be vague, it's just easier this way. To much to explain; even too much to sum up! Let's just say it has to do with practical and theoretical problem solving, my own as well as alot going on in several of the lives I love. Kind of a "perfect storm" of occurrences, changes, and more than a wee bit of drama. This combined with the fact that I am a muller, a ponderer, and an empath, well, that makes for one busy brain. Anyhoo... later this evening I decided to get outside and take a ride. Now THAT was a good idea; distracting and even relaxing! I don't think I've saddled up in two months! It was a breezy (if balmy) evening and we went way down to the end of the street. I always feel a bit like I'm in a parade because children love to see a horse and rider coming down the street; they often run out to wave and greet us! Even big people seem to find it charming, usually smiling and waving. Dogs, not as much, but they don't bother us; Tango's not afraid of dogs. Tango is always such a good fella even when he hasn't been out in a while... he's such a standby! After we got back, I let the horses graze on some of the juicy (hear needing to be mowed!) grass in the back yard for a little while I sat on the swing and watched them. No work here, physical or mental! Later I tarried a bit in the barn after feeding everyone, chatting with the goats and enjoying the twilight, the breeze, and the night sounds starting up; for me, this is the perfect sedative for a busy brain!


When I got back inside to get dinner fixed, Chico showed me a letter from the school about his non-regulation haircut. So after dinner I gave both guys haircuts; I cut enough that I won't have to again before school is out. "Oh, Dude! Freshcut!" Chico hollered from the bathroom when he made it to the mirror to check out my handiwork. "Man, I'm gonna get it!" Apparently when you get a NOTICEABLE haircut (as opposed to ?) all the other guys hit you upside the head and yell "Freshcut!!" Who knew? I've never heard this before...then I informed Cub halfway through his cut..."uh...it's coming out a little short :)" To which he replied "Grr." Not growling, just saying. Grr. I like that, because unlike "Freshcut!", I can use Grr. At least I don't think I can use "Freshcut!" Kinda reminds me of Menthos *the freshmaker* but again, I can't really work with that. I never trained professionally to cut hair, but I can pull it off. I have cut my own tons of times. I may not be good, but at least I'm fast! I do not let a small thing like not exactly knowing what I'm doing slow me down on a haircut. Hair grows back. So what!!! (although if you cut your bangs one inch short it may take a while. Yes, you know who I'm talking to Miss Shortybangs!!) OK... enough silliness; Gotta get up EARLY ! Grr :) Love, RED

2 comments:

Blogger Barbie said...

It DON'T come easy, but it sure is good to share the work with a willing/able ear. Our talk yesterday was JUST what I needed (at $150/hour, I'd say we owe each other about $450!!). I feel so much lighter and focused and...well, HAPPY today! I worked out, ran some errands and now...dare I say it?....I'm going to go do some scrapbooking! AAAHHH!!! The motivation! It's just too much!! Your ride sounded DIVINE! And I can just imagine you clip-clopping down your street, waving to all the passersby with a little grin. It is so good for your soul--you SHOULD do it more often! In fact, why don't you paint a picture of you on your horse?? Wait a minute...I think my newly found ultra-motivation is leaking out onto your blog comment page! Paint your house SCRIMP first!! love to you....bratb

RED said...

LOL IOU :)