Tuesday, April 22, 2008

LET'S GET SOME SHOES!




I just painted this cute little box last week to corral our (feed the animals/move the sprinkler/walk to the neighbors' house) shoes that live right outside the kitchen door in the garage. I am pretty proud of it, especially since Cub made fun of me for pulling it out of someone's trash pick-up pile last month; he said it would never amount to anything! But I believe Martha herself would be proud! It's a good thing!


I have to admit it took me at least thirty five years of living to finally come to the conclusion that, even though it requires an extra step, it actually saves time to slip on different shoes for outside jobs. I already spend enough time cleaning up what everyone else tracks in; no need to track stuff in myself!


A couple of times last week, I left the garage door open when I went to feed the animals. The little dogs went in and three times, Lolly dragged one of my flip-flops out into the yard. Ha Ha ~ cute ~ but no biggie. The first day I had to think about it for a minute... "Hmm, now I KNOW I had both shoes..." The second day I was in on the joke and walked right out to recover it. But on the third day, the shoe was nowhere to be found! I walked all over the yard; looked high and low but no shoe! Oh well... I figured it would turn up. It did, but two days later and in the sad shape you see above! These are my FAVORITE wear-around-the-house shoes. I bought them a year or two ago at Payless for $9 . If I would have known how much I would wear them, I would have bought four pairs; maybe even six! Anyway, you can see from the pic that even the "good" shoe was on its last leg! In fact, I had quit wearing them out and about and had bought a nicer, newer version of them. But the new shoes aren't the same so I'd wear them out (in public) but then get back home and put on my Old Faithfuls! I actually tried to throw the old ones away when I got the new ones; I almost did! But I couldn't do it!

Alas... they are gone now :(


If ONLY I knew where I could get another pair... anyone? ANYONE? :) Love, RED

3 comments:

Blogger Barbie said...

OMG! LOL!!! You ARE in a sad state, aren't you?? What to do? What to do?? I laughed so hard when I saw the condition your shoes are in! They finally gave up the ghost (with a little help from a friend!). Gosh, I sure hope, by some miracle, the Universe can find you another pair. I know I'll keep MY eyes open for an identical pair. Where shall I look first? MY CLOSET???? Naaaah!! That's RIDICULOUS!!! By the way, your coral corral is cutesy-tootsie!! Martha WOULD be proud! love you!

Sabie said...

Oh this is sad! Those shoes were you! It would be like me losing a pair of Converse.

RED said...

Isn't it though?? If ONLY someone had an extra pair in THEIR CLOSET that they never wore... LOL
(i'm gonna get wut i want...)