Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SONG FOR A LITTLE HOUSE



I'm glad our house is a little house,
Not too tall nor too wide;
I'm glad the hovering butterflies
Feel free to come inside.

Our little house is a friendly house.
It is not shy or vain;
It gossips with the talking trees,
And makes friends with the rain.

And quick leaves cast a shimmer of green
Against our whited walls,
And in the phlox the courteous bees
Are paying duty calls.


Christopher Morley


Busy, busy, busy! I've been taking care of all sorts of little things that have needed taking care of and it feels so good! It always makes me wonder why I procrastinate in the first place. I actually really enjoy the satisfaction of a task well done; even one so mundane (and dirty) as cleaning out the garage!


I love this sweet little poem and it does remind me of my little house. I have another poem about a little house for you, but it is late and I am very tired from a hard day's work so I will save it for tomorrow... Sweet Dreams :) Love, RED

1 comment:

Blogger Barbie said...

WOW! The pic is great! It makes me long for the days of sunshine and plant tending. I'm ever hopeful that it will arrive here soon....Your patio is an absolute inspiration!! I'm going to be planting lots and lots of #$^-#(%& petunias!!! ALL COLORS!!!