Friday, February 15, 2008

LE AMOUR!





The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,
The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
Whose honest heart is still his master's own,
Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,
Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,
Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth.
While man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven,
And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.


Lord Byron , 1808
Inscription on the monument of a Newfoundland dog


Yep; it's a dog! Just what we don't need! But she's so darn cute! She belonged to my neighbors but they can't keep her anymore. I fell for her months ago when she was just a puppy. I'm usually fairly immune to the charms of small puppies but this little girl is something special! That face! That color! That hairdo! Look carefully at the photos and you'll notice that her eyes are the same color as her coat and she's missing a bottom tooth... Precious! She's settling in quite well; the other two dogs like her fine. Honestly? I just think that nothing surprises them anymore ! She's a little needy and not yet housebroken but that's nothing a little bit of time and patience won't fix. I took her to the vet for her second set of puppy shots this morning; she'll go in to get fixed the week after next. So, for better or worse, she's ours. Now is she cute or WHAT?? Love, RED


The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.


Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1911

3 comments:

Richard McNally said...

Small dogs rock, I mean the kind that never get big, like the teacup poodle. My sister Patty has a pair of tiny ones. I'd like to have one but I'm a late riser, like noon, and wouldn't be able to do the necessary morning walk, and my good wife is not a dog lover. Ah well . . . .

Sabie said...

Aww, she is precious. I can't wait to meet her!

Remember though, if you keep acquiring pets you will be like that one lady...

RED said...

Yes, I know... I'm done now. I promise! I just wanted to finish with a flourish; two pets in one week is enough for even me... Two? Oh yeah... they brought Baby Goat over yesterday too! BANNER week! :)