.jpg)
.jpg)
Doc, Star, and John Henry belong to my good friend JC and her family back in the San Joaquin Valley in California. Wonderful horses - wonderful friends! The first two portraits were done about three years ago; John Henry's I only finished last week (!). See what I mean about procrastination?? I have been painting alot the last two weeks however, and am caught up, or at least on track now. I have spent the last two days working on a large painting (the DodiBop) for my friend and I should finish it tomorrow. Anyway, I'd like to write more about my creativity's evil sibling PROCRASTINATION but I'm just too tired tonight... Maybe tomorrow :) Love RED
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flyin.
And that same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.
Robert Herrick
"To the Virgins to Make Much of Time" 1648

3 comments:
Procrastination
by Kit McCallum
Yesterday, I said I would
Until the time had passed,
And now today, I see my list
Of never-ending tasks.
Why so, I ask myself, did I
Put off that task at hand?
For yesterday has added to
My ever-growing plans,
Of things I say I will attend,
Accomplish or provide;
Seems every day I put if off -
It multiplies in size.
A simple job if given
My devotion for a time;
Would surely have resolved itself
And eased my worried mind.
However, due to circumstance,
As always is the case;
I had no time to spend that day …
I had no time to waste.
For yesterday, I worked on
All the tasks I had delayed,
From days before when I would say
I have no time today.
You see, tomorrow’s easier
To say that I will vow,
To catch up on the overload,
And yet - I wonder how?
‘Tis easier to play the part
Of victim in this case,
And be the martyr ever-more
I have no time to waste.
Perfect! Thanks SBomb!Ok..We talk about it; this person wrote a lengthy poem about it... could it be we're not the only ones?? :)
Wouldn't it be fun to have a Procrastination Club?! Hey everyone...we are meeting on Friday, no wait...Saturday, ummm let's make it Tuesday! Then when you finally meet, you see how much fun you wished you'd had on Friday!
HA!
Just like that darn dish fairy who didn't visit my kitchen last night!
Had to tackle that before I could cook the Valentine breakfast. Oh hum!
I do hope there are others. Makes
me feel a bit better knowing there is someone else pondering as I do!
Post a Comment