Friday, February 1, 2008

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE




now here I go again, I see the crystal visions

I keep my visions to myself

it's only me who wants to

wrap around your dreams and

have you any dreams you'd like to sell?

dreams of lonliness

like a heartbeat drives you mad

in the stillness of remembering

what you had..

and what you lost..

and what you had..

and what you lost..


from "dreams"
stevie nicks


OK... not dead PEOPLE; that was just a hook to pull you in! Actually, I had a very bizarre dream last night and this morning I'm going to write about it. I'm only going to tell it, I'm not going to try to analyze it; that's your job!

I was in my house back in California just doing this or that; I don't really remember. Suddenly I realized I hadn't checked on the swimming pool in... I didn't know how long! (don't you hate those dreams?) I went outside and it was an awful day, dark and windy, maybe like a storm was coming. As I came close enough to see into the pool, I was horrified. There were dead things in it; mostly tortoises.. (not water animals, I know.. maybe that's why they were dead) but also some gophers and lobster-looking things too. I mean DEAD, like they had been there for two weeks! The water was vile and the stench was unbearable! Oh! I'm SO afraid of and repulsed by dead things! So it was a real nightmare for me! (truly, back then my morning routine included checking the pool every morning to rescue toads or gophers who might have fallen in overnight!) Anyway.. I realized a couple of the tortoises were alive, though they didn't look too good; they were struggling to swim. I went for the net.. it was no good... full of holes and dry rot... another net ... the same... I'm beginning to cry now cause there's no net and I don't want to jump in; I'm too afraid of the decay; the water! Then I notice that the flower beds along the pool are filled with some kind of little spotted minnow-looking creatures, they are flipping and gasping... It seems they need to go INTO the pool but I don't want to touch them....


Ah! I wake up! At some point I have trained myself to wake just at the point of the nightmare when I would actually have to DO something... sink or swim so to speak. It seems I have one of these awful dreams about every month or two... they are not necessarily about that time of my life; sometimes I have forgotten for a whole semester to attend a class! Or been waiting tables and realized I was supposed to serve a table I had forgotten for an hour and could no longer find... the horror! I have very vivid dreams and remember many of them but usually there's not much to tell. They just seem to be a continuation of my waking life. Amusing, mildly interesting but kinda ho-hum just the same. OK.. let the psychoanalysis begin! :) Love, RED


is it cloak and dagger..

could it be spring or fall?

i walk without a cut

through a stained glass wall

weaker in my eyesight

the candle in my grip

and words that have no form

are falling from my lips


these dreams go on when i close my eyes -

every second of the night - i live another life..


from "these dreams"
Heart



4 comments:

jnorris said...

Maybe it's because I am coming to Corpus from California. He!He!

RED said...

Are you a tortoise or a minnow?

jnorris said...

Maybe a tortoise? I am always trying to stay a float.

RED said...

I guess I better find a net :) Luv Ya Girl!