
And now I will show you the most excellent way. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect dissappears. When I was a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, darkly, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13
Without a doubt, these are my all-time favorite bible verses. Even if you don't read the Bible, you have doubtless heard this at many weddings. For me, this simplifies everything. We are meant to LOVE! Not just those we like, not just our own, not just that which makes sense to us, not just that which we can control, but all of it! LIFE. The author of life! This is hard for me to write about because to my friends that are Christians, I will not go far enough. For my friends that are not, I risk going too far. But either way, whatever, I believe we are asked to leave our differences, our expectations, our comfort zones, EVEN our beliefs at the door and love ANYWAY! LOVE! Love this life; this beautiful gift we are all here to experience! It is not our place to judge others for their shortcomings, their carelessness, their idiocy, their failures, their disbelief... their ANYTHING! Love. Love your life! Embrace everything and all you can! When you can't find a thing to love, look again! It is often in trying to understand the complexities and contradictions of life that I find my own beliefs shored up. I don't have to know it all; understand it all; accept it all... I simply must love. Find that which you can love in this life; that which is true, meaningful, and real for YOU. Love your life. Honor your life and all life; live with reverence! As my good friend George Strait sings, "If you ain't lovin', then you ain't livin!" Happy Valentines Yall! Most sincerely and with all my love, RED
PS... I have a new love in my life!! I promise to tell you all about it tomorrow!!

5 comments:
New love? Does this new love happen to have 4 legs?
Your intellect and powers of deduction, milady, are AWESOME!
I can't wait to hear all about it, milady.
testing...testing
Well....Red needs a mother!
I know she's got one...but you
know...when she makes these wild
jump off the bridge decisions...she needs a good yank!
BUT ~ I've witnessed this new love.
Have to agree with her! It was a must and something I can't wait to
see again. "New Love" is so wonderful!
Post a Comment