the smell of freshly mowed grass
ends a perfect Sunday;
no list, no alarm
relaxing on the swing ..
art deco shadows on the barn wall
sunlight on my arm just so
it comes to me
tho I didn't ask.
This moment is like another -
when I was younger -
a small frame house
with crisp green trim
and I felt just this way
the sunlight was in the same mood...
"You can't go home again", they say.
The tears sting my eyes but they taste like beauty....
Nostalgia - so bittersweet -
remember
when they say "this too shall pass",
they are not
just talking about the bad times.
A story tells of a King who gave his wise men the task of seeking out the best, the most true, the most profound saying; fitting for all events, all times, all places, and this was their answer.
THIS TOO SHALL PASS...

1 comment:
Well, that brought a tear to my eye....we've seen good and bad pass together. The beauty of life, and friendship, is that we can forget the bad together and remember the good together. Thank you for always being "the good"...and for making the bad better... I love you....
Post a Comment