Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I LOVE THAT!


A person should hear a little music, read a little poetry and see a fine picture every day in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.

Johann Von Goethe



I'm not that picky; I LOVE alot of stuff! My lists of interests and favorites on my blog profile are getting way too long, yet still, when poking through other peoples' profiles I keep saying,"Me too... I love that!" then adding it to my own profile! Not that I don't already know what I like; I do. There's just so much that I can't remember it all! Two friends (who shall remain nameless here), one a wineseller and one a musician, basically went as far as to tell me I have common, unsophisticated taste in wines and music. I guess in their minds, one can't have refined taste and still like all the common stuff as I do. I love some of the finer things... food, wines, music, art, books... but on the flipside, I also love Taco Bell, Lone Star beer, Soulja Boy, paint-by-numbers, and comic books. Elvis or the Beatles? Both! Dog or cat person? Both! The beach or the lake? Either! Boxers or briefs? Who cares!

Is it possible that I am too indiscriminate in my tastes? Maybe. I just don't want to pick. I want to try it all, to like it all, to love it all! I LOVE lists, so, just for the record, here are ten things I DON'T like!

1) horseradish
2) Malt liquor (believe me, I tried)
3) roaches
4) humvees
5) diamond jewelry
6) high fashion
7) pierced lips
8) off-color jokes
9) car chases in movies
10) airports or flying (love to travel, tho :)

Love, RED

It is not true that the more one thinks the less one feels, but it is true that the more one judges the less one loves.

Chamfort, (1794), Maxims and Thoughts


4 comments:

Richard McNally said...

Hi Red ... have you heard the one about the old bull and the young bull up on the hill overlooking a herd of cows? I won't go on ... humor is so crucial to survival that I will tolerate almost any kind of joke, if only for the intention behind it to make another soul laugh, and therefore survive. Cf. M. LeClerc: "Laughter--orgasm of the mind."

RED said...

Hi Rick... I love to laugh too! (Of course I do!) Maybe I should say joke-telling as a form of humor is one of my least favorite; So few people are really good at it; I hate how uncomfortable I feel when the joke goes *flop* :)

Sabie said...

I think our entire family is like that!! We all love just about everything. We can't fight who we are.

RED said...

I LOVE THAT!