Tuesday, March 18, 2008

IT'S SOYRIZO!!!!





So! Last night I had the house to myself since my kiddos are visiting their Dad this week. I wanted to watch a movie, just not enough to get off my toucas and go rent one, so I turned to the television (it's ok, last night NOT technically a schoolnight, spring break and all :). Wow - is there anything on television but reality shows anymore? Do you not just love the above video? (it has taken me two weeks to figure out how to get a video on my blog so please watch it! It's funny! I promise not to inundate you with them!) I watched about ten minutes of ABC's The Bachelor - why oh why would a woman put herself through that? I am embarrassed for all of them! Some of them are accomplished young women; what are they thinking? Oh, well! I finally settled on the last half of a LMN movie with Shannen Dougherty (again, why?).



When that was over I went rifling through the icebox to find some dinner; again, I could have gone out and picked up something nice; maybe some shrimp noodles, had I the inclination to venture out. But no, I settled on soyrizo. If you are from South Texas you know that taquitos (breakfast tacos, not the weird crunchy frozen things from Costco) are practically their own food group, and of that food group chorizo (spiced Mexican sausage) and egg taquitos are the KING! (my opinion, anyway!) No, they're probably not good for you but they sure are GOOD! A couple of weeks ago I found "Melissa's SOYrizo" in the produce section. "Meatless soy chorizo/ vegan/ 60% less fat than chorizo/ no cholesterol/ looks like chorizo/ tastes like chorizo/ You won't believe it's not chorizo!" The first time I fixed it I think I undercooked it a bit and I did not add any seasonings. The boys ate it and said it was good, but asked what was different. Last night, I sauteed it until it was nice and browned; seems like it takes a little longer than the real thing. I added salt, pepper, eight eggs and three small taqueria hot sauces. This time it was really good! I went ahead and made it all up into taquitos then wrapped them so they'd be ready to pop in the microwave this week. Maybe eating taquitos all week is a little excessive, but - Hey! It's SOYRIZO! I highly recommend it to anyone out there who loves chorizo (and would like to just eat it every day, all day, like me :)



Since I'm just rambling on today, I thought I'd update you on all my previous posts that have left you hanging (I 'm sure you've been lying awake nights :) I'll go from most recent back and I'll make it quick:


HOUSE PAINTING PROJECT: (from post: It's Official!) Well...stalled. The weather has been off and on rainy-windy-rainy-windy for the last two weeks; not the best painting weather. Yesterday the wind gusts were up to 60 mph! Is that really necessary? How did CHICAGO get the "Windy City" title? Anyone?? Also my friend MissD has informed me that my color choice is U-G-L-Y (it ain't got no alibi) so now I'm filled with self-doubt and angst. What the heck is wrong with the color of shrimp, anyway?


FOUNTAIN FISH: (post: Just What I Needed) They are alive and well. "Deep red" looks a little worse for the wear, but it has a couple of small new leaves. Because of my desire to get "different" goldfish, I chose whitish/calico ; not knowing that unlike their vividly (though common) gold colored cousins, they would be practically invisible in the pond. I have to catch the cascading water in a pitcher to stop the ripples while using a flashlight to locate them! So that's been really rewarding...


LOLLY: (post: Le Amour!) Lolly has settled in well. She still gets overly excited when we come or go and barks too much but she's coming around. Not only does she chew sticks like Tim, she collects them, leaving two or three clustered together in random piles around the yard (between the random tunnels that Schatze the doxie-mix has dug). She's completely recovered from being spayed and she's had all her shots. We really get a kick out of her; the boys mostly refer to her as "Spaz".


LENT: (Givin' it Up) As you know Lent is almost over with Easter's arrival this Sunday. I have done very well with both my sacrifices; schoolnight tv (uh, except last night) and a grudge. (almost gone, that's all I can say about that :)


LONE STAR COUNTRY STORE: ( I Can't Wait!) Hmmm. They opened Saturday and I went to see it on Saturday. While I'm sure it will be alot of peoples' favorite store, I wasn't thrilled. Sorry LSCS! But I thought the prices were a little high on feed; which would be the main reason I would go. But it is bright, clean, and spacious with freshly-scrubbed young employees in western wear, so it will still do well without my business. And yes, I was just a little disappointed.. *sigh*.. can you say "prom syndrome"?


LIL' BABY GOAT: ( If Three is a Crowd, What's Five?) He has settled in as well. He and Esteban are BFF's and hang out together all day. They call each other if they get too far apart, and butt heads, climb trees, and do other fun stuff while the fuddy-duddy lady goats lay around and chew their cuds. I'll have to get some pics of them in the trees; it's so cool to see them up there!


And now we are all caught up. If you haven't read some of the past posts you may be saying whaa...? but that's allright too! It's all there somewhere if you want to know what the heck I'm talking about :) Have a wonderful, wonderful day... Love, RED

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is cery nice blog

RED said...

You are so very kind; I'm glad you like it :)

Rod R said...

I have to agree it seems that the more channels on the TV the less there is to watch. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I appreciate you reading it.

RED said...

You are welcome Rod R. Peace be with you...