THE RED WHEELBARROW
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens
William Carlos Williams
Wow! This week has been the perfect storm as far as everything going on at once. BratB and her family are in town for spring break, high school registration and the big home track meet for Cub and the two little goats under the weather and needing a little extra time twice a day! Plus just all the normal (if you can call life normal!) stuff that always needs taking care of! What a week! It all went well - we all met at the track meet yesterday and Cub had a great meet - achieving a couple of "personal bests" despite the 40 mph wind! Then BratB's girls came back with us for pizza and a sleepover -a great night! Full plate today, full plate tomorrow, full plate Sunday! Half plate Monday so I will catch up then.
I love the simplicity of the poem above and the perfect picture it paints in my mind's eye. BratB read it in a college English class and mailed it to me because she said it reminded her of me. That was over twenty years ago!! I still love it. Here's my version :) Love, RED
THE CORAL GATE
so much depends
upon
an old coral
gate
shimmering with dew
drops
beside a spotted
goat :)

1 comment:
I loved your copy of the poem (although what's up with the spacing? Can't you do something about that??)...
Funny how you said that it reminded me of you waaaaay back in the day (which was a Wednesday, by the way) and it STILL reminds me of you. I guess you figured out pretty early on who you are, and you've remained true to yourself all these years. There's a lot to be said for that!
love you b
Post a Comment