
Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggresive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for there will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble, it is a real possesion in the changing fortunes of time.
Excercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
Many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself! Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial
as the grass.
Take kindly the council of years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings;
Many fears are born of fatigue and lonliness.
Beyond a healthy discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe and are no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here, and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
Author unknown
You've probably read this before but it never hurts to read it again. It's so simple yet beautiful. I often remind myself to be on good terms with all persons as far as possible. And I love the part about the universe unfolding as it should; repeating this to myself helps me accept the things I wish didn't have to. Marn and I have always loved reminding each other that we are children of the universe, no less than trees or stars (though we may not always feel that way :) It's Sunday night and it's been a BUSY week, a busy weekend, a busy night and we saw a rat up in the dining room closet tonight (!). I'm not sure which line above will work best applied to the rodent situation but I'm gonna read it one more time with that in mind then hit the hay. Tomorrow is a new day... Love, RED

4 comments:
You know, I can talk to Dwayne about helping out with the rat problem. :)
You don't think he'd have a conflict of interests, do you ? :)
Do I REALLY have to listen to "the dull and the ignorant"?? You know I'm not very good at that. I've never had much of a poker face, and then I think I might break the "be on good terms with all people" thing...and who KNOWS what that might lead to!? I think I'll stick with the "go quietly" part. If I can just keep my BIG MOUTH SHUT.... Maybe I should print that out and work on some things. I need a 12 step program!!
As for the rat....listen to him. Maybe he's dull and ignorant and can't find the way out!! I'm just sayin'....
OMG LOL!!
Post a Comment