Friday, January 25, 2008

THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE MARN I LOVE...


An unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates



No, that wasn't a typo. Not the "man" I love (I haven't had one of those in a long time!) but the Marn I love! Marn suggested - maybe even insisted- that I should start a blog of my own. She says I'm always telling funny stories and that I have an authenticity about me (that IS what you said, isn't it?). Well, if you decide to spend any of your time reading my ramblings then you can be the judge! Along with the ever entertaining day-to-day, I am often consumed with more lofty thoughts such as the purpose of my life, the direction my art should take, and exactly what my duty is to this planet and all the other living creatures (humanity included) sharing it. Those of you who have had to endure those conversations into the wee hours sorting through this with me just might feel relieved. Yall know who you are! You can still keep up with my latest thoughts; this will just be more user-friendly than those long phone calls. You can make a run for the border in the middle of a really serious post and I won't even get offended. You could even go to sleep! I know everyone with a blog gets hate mail (provided they have readers) so I'm up for any snippy comments. Just let me say that I write like I talk so there will be lots of parenthesis, exclamation points, arbitrary punctuation, "alot"s and "yall"s. I hope that in spite of my writing style YALL will love it! (alot! :) Love, RED
PS: All photos, artwork, poetry, views, etc. posted on this site are my own unless otherwise credited :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!

I LOVE IT!

You'll have to check out mine. It is incredibly ego-centric, and not very 'lofty' in my thinking, most of the time. But it feels SO good to get my thoughts down on virtual paper.

Can't wait to read through all your posts.

Miss you...Missy

RED said...

Thanks Missy! I will check out yours! Miss you too.. RED

NYSuzanne said...

Awesome! You're blog totally blows me away. So glad to hear all is well down there in Texas. Hello to the boys (teenagers!!!) I know it's hard to leave TX, but if you ever think of coming to NY - yeah, that's right, the big city - call me.

RED said...

Hi Suzanne! (one of my favorite things EVER to get to say! It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you like my BabyBlog (waaa) Thanks!! the other RED :)