.jpg)
Anticipation -
It's a ticklish thing really; quivering,exciting,waiting; until it dies - killed by it's own self - lost through the virtue of being there.
Dal Perry
Such is the state of life, that none are happy but by anticipation of change; the change itself is nothing. When we have made it, the next wish is to change again. The world is not yet exhausted; let me see something tomorrow which I never saw before.
Samuel Johnson
1709-1784
I don't say "I can't wait!" that often. I try not to get too excited about that which is yet to be lest I be disappointed. Not that I'm a pessimist: I'd just rather enjoy things without comparing them to my expectations. I call that "The Prom Syndrome". Back in high school, everyone made such a fuss over the prom. Who are you gonna go with? What are you gonna wear? Where are you gonna eat? Can he borrow the car? (unlike these days, lots of kids didn't have their own cars:) The two proms I went to were a bust. My junior year my dress was strapless and wouldn't stay up (I had to keep my arms pressed to my sides) and at the restaurant I ordered something I didn't like. (I was trying to be wordly) The following year on the way to my Senior prom we had a wreck! (crashed right into fancy Officer's Club sign!) Somehow the prom could never quite match my grand expectations!
It's a ticklish thing really; quivering,exciting,waiting; until it dies - killed by it's own self - lost through the virtue of being there.
Dal Perry
Such is the state of life, that none are happy but by anticipation of change; the change itself is nothing. When we have made it, the next wish is to change again. The world is not yet exhausted; let me see something tomorrow which I never saw before.
Samuel Johnson
1709-1784
I don't say "I can't wait!" that often. I try not to get too excited about that which is yet to be lest I be disappointed. Not that I'm a pessimist: I'd just rather enjoy things without comparing them to my expectations. I call that "The Prom Syndrome". Back in high school, everyone made such a fuss over the prom. Who are you gonna go with? What are you gonna wear? Where are you gonna eat? Can he borrow the car? (unlike these days, lots of kids didn't have their own cars:) The two proms I went to were a bust. My junior year my dress was strapless and wouldn't stay up (I had to keep my arms pressed to my sides) and at the restaurant I ordered something I didn't like. (I was trying to be wordly) The following year on the way to my Senior prom we had a wreck! (crashed right into fancy Officer's Club sign!) Somehow the prom could never quite match my grand expectations!
The football dances, on the other hand, were a blast. Straight from the games we rushed back to the school for a dance with an amateur DJ that lasted, at most, an hour and a half. No one was dressed up; we didn't need a date; we got there in whatever friend's car had room. The drive across town was the appetizer! The small amount of anticipation was a good thing because it hadn't been growing for days or weeks, it only began once back in the car and en route to the school. Maybe that boy I'd been flirting with in Science would ask me to dance!! Anyway, the football dances didn't have alot to prove and I have many happy memories of them. Not so much the prom :)
I am however, allowing myself to get excited about a new business opening just down the road. It's the Lone Star Country Store! I don't know what a Lone Star Country Store is. Nobody does and I can't find any info online either. I was curious when they broke ground back in the fall. I was hopeful when the "Coming Soon!" sign went up. I was excited when the Purina checkerboard was proudly displayed on the building! Today there are cars in the parking lot (employees in training?!?!) and from the quick glance I could manage while driving by, I think the shelves are stocked!! I'm thrilled!! I think it's going to be a giant feed store and I'm hoping maybe it will open on Saturday!!! I can't wait! I hope whatever the Lone Star Country Store is, it will live up to my expectations of it, which are only that it be the cutest, most charming giant feed store ever with everything I need always in stock! OK :) In the real world, it will sell feed and be a right turn off the congested Farm to Market road I drive daily. That IS something to anticipate!! Love, RED
I am however, allowing myself to get excited about a new business opening just down the road. It's the Lone Star Country Store! I don't know what a Lone Star Country Store is. Nobody does and I can't find any info online either. I was curious when they broke ground back in the fall. I was hopeful when the "Coming Soon!" sign went up. I was excited when the Purina checkerboard was proudly displayed on the building! Today there are cars in the parking lot (employees in training?!?!) and from the quick glance I could manage while driving by, I think the shelves are stocked!! I'm thrilled!! I think it's going to be a giant feed store and I'm hoping maybe it will open on Saturday!!! I can't wait! I hope whatever the Lone Star Country Store is, it will live up to my expectations of it, which are only that it be the cutest, most charming giant feed store ever with everything I need always in stock! OK :) In the real world, it will sell feed and be a right turn off the congested Farm to Market road I drive daily. That IS something to anticipate!! Love, RED

2 comments:
I'm sure it will be awesome. If they aren't open Sundays, you can find the manager and say "I can't make you be open on Sundays, but I can make you wish you had..." -Sabie
I like your picture! I didn't know you have a blog! I'm gonna go read it right now! Luv, RED
Post a Comment