
Today is beautiful! Gorgeous! perfect! Days like today make you forget what summers here in South Texas are like! A small convention of female grackles were hanging out by my car when I came out of the grocery store this morning. I always feel a little sorry for them; they're so drab and scroungy compared to the glammed-up males. I took a couple of croissants out of my basket to feed them. As I stood tearing bite-size pieces, the sunshine and the barely cool breeze felt heavenly! Had there been a park bench I would have sat down with the ladies and we would have finished the croissants off; maybe I would have even closed my eyes for a few minutes! An absolutely perfect spring day in January!
Last night I finished reading Forgive and Forget by Lewis B. Smedes, a book my mother lent me last week. A great book; I thoroughly recommend it. The other day right as I pulled the car into the garage The Heart of The Matter by Don Henley came on the radio. I sat in my car to hear it out. On Sunday our Pastor's sermon was about righteous indignation, justified anger, our need to see someone get what they have coming, and the necessity of forgiveness. Yesterday a mockingbird actually said "forgiveness" while I was doing my chores. OK, OK, the mockingbird part I made up! But it may as well have - that's how often I've been receiving little reminders these days :) Yes.. allright! I'm listening. I hear it through the thoughts of tomorrow's to-do list, getting the school uniforms washed and in the dryer, and where on earth can I find the water filter cartridges the icebox is asking for (?). There's something I need to take care of. How about you?

1 comment:
Had to add... in two weeks our youth group will attend a mid-winter weekend retreat.I found out yesterday that the YG leaders from our church will be in charge of planning and setting up a study room where we will present a skit and other activities focusing on a topic we were assigned. The topic? Grace & forgiveness :)
Post a Comment