Friday, May 9, 2008

LEBH SHOMEA ~ PART II







5:30 pm ~ I had a nice little walk but it is hot outside! Now I am more familiar with the layout of the place. I walked over to the white garage, and over to the old stable. I didn't see one other person, everyone is probably inside waiting for the evening cool down. On my way back , I wandered into the big house and ducked into the library. It was cool and dark inside and felt good after my walk. I looked around for a little then selected a scrapbook about Lebh Shomea and went out on the porch to read. The old house is really beautiful! After about an hour, I headed back to my dwelling and read until I fell asleep. When I awoke, I was delighted to see that the little clearing in which my dwelling sits was surrounded by turkeys! There were about ten hens and maybe seven toms. A little ways off, two toms were just standing there all puffed up. They are truly bizarre, and it's hard to believe that this puffed up - 3D - crepe paper -looking spectacle can morph into the long-legged, super fast, streamlined bird in the blink of an eye! Time to wash and dress for dinner; I am hungry!

2 comments:

Blogger Barbie said...

I can just picture you in the library! What's hard for me to imagine it how "hot" it is!! More snow today! grrr....

RED said...

You'll be here to enjoy the heat yourself before ya know it ;)